Choralis schedules new member auditions on specific dates several times a year. Auditions for the 2019-20 season will next be offered in late August/early September. Auditions also may be arranged for dates after the season has begun, depending on current needs and where we are in the concert preparation cycle. Inquiries as to audition dates and arrangements should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Choralis audition has five parts.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss your choral singing background with the artistic staff.
- You will perform a solo (aria, art song, hymn, or your voice part from a choral piece). You will need to bring three copies of your music – one for yourself, one for the artistic staff, and one for the accompanist.
- You will be asked to sing scales so that your vocal range can be determined.
- You will complete a tonal exercise.
- You will be asked to sight-read a short section of music.
Auditioners are notified of the result within five days.
Additional Information for Auditioners
- Choralis rehearses on Tuesday evenings at 7:30 pm.
- Rehearsals are held at The Falls Church Episcopal Church, 115 E. Fairfax Street, Falls Church, VA
- Dues are $350 for the season and are not pro-rated for partial-year membership.
- Singers also must pay for music, which generally costs between $50 and $80 per season. There also is required concert attire.
- Singers are expected to volunteer for one of the many tasks required for a Choralis season, such as labeling promotional mailings, grant writing, helping with stage set-up, etc.
High School Singing Scholars Auditions
Auditions for admittance to the High School Singing Scholars (HSSS) program will next be offered in late August/early September on a space-available basis. Skilled high school singers interested in auditioning should send an email to email@example.com. Please indicate that you are interested in participating as a High School Singing Scholar.