Choralis schedules new member auditions on specific dates several times a year. Auditions for the 2020-21 season will be held in the late August-to-September timeframe. To request an audition or obtain more information, send an email to email@example.com.
A Choralis audition has five parts.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss your choral singing background with the artistic staff.
- You will perform a solo (aria, art song, hymn, or your voice part from a choral piece). You will need to bring three copies of your music – one for yourself, one for the artistic staff, and one for the accompanist.
- You will be asked to sing scales so that your vocal range can be determined.
- You will complete a tonal exercise.
- You will be asked to sight-read a short section of music.
Auditioners are notified of the result within five days.
Additional Information for Auditioners
- Choralis rehearses on Tuesday evenings at 7:30 pm.
- Rehearsals are held at The Falls Church Episcopal Church, 115 E. Fairfax Street, Falls Church, VA
- Dues are $350 for the season and are not pro-rated for partial-year membership.
- Singers also must pay for music, which generally costs between $50 and $80 per season. There also is required concert attire.
- Singers are expected to volunteer for one of the many tasks required for a Choralis season, such as labeling promotional mailings, grant writing, helping with stage set-up, etc.
High School Singing Scholars Auditions
Auditions for admittance to the High School Singing Scholars (HSSS) program have been completed for the 2019-20 season. However, vacancies sometimes arise after the season has begun. Skilled high school singers interested in auditioning should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are interested in participating as a High School Singing Scholar.