Auditions for new and returning singers will be held on Tuesday, August 25 from 7-8 p.m. over Zoom. If you sang last season, you do not need to audition. Auditions are only for new singers and returning singers who did not sing with us last season.
By August 21st, auditioners are asked to:
- Record audio AND video of themselves singing “Happy Birthday” in a format that can be viewed. It can be a cell phone video. If they are unable to do that, they will be asked to sing it live during their Zoom audition.
- Fill out the Choralis form we use for new singers. If they are a returning singer who has been out of Choralis for less than 3 years, they do not need to fill out the form.
- Email the video and the form to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21.
- Sign up for an audition slot at this link.
A Zoom link will be sent for the audition sometime on August 24.
Questions should be directed to email@example.com.
Additional Information for Auditioners
- Choralis rehearses on Tuesday evenings at 7:30 p.m.
- Rehearsals are normally held at The Falls Church Episcopal Church, 115 E. Fairfax Street, Falls Church, VA, however, during the ongoing public health emergency, rehearsals are held remotely via Zoom.
- Dues are $350 for the season and are not pro-rated for partial-year membership, however, Choralis will not turn away interested choristers if they find themselves in financial hardship.
- Singers also must pay for music, which generally costs between $50 and $80 per season. There also is required concert attire that must be purchased.
- Singers are expected to volunteer for one of the many tasks required for a Choralis season, such as labeling promotional mailings, grant writing, helping with stage set-up, etc.
High School Singing Scholars Auditions
Auditions for admittance to the High School Singing Scholars (HSSS) program have been completed for the 2019-20 season. However, vacancies sometimes arise after the season has begun. Skilled high school singers interested in auditioning should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are interested in participating as a High School Singing Scholar.