Choralis schedules new member auditions on specific dates several times a year. Scheduled audition dates for the 2019-20 season have passed, but auditions may still be offered to interested singers, depending on current needs and where we are in the concert preparation cycle. To request an audition or obtain more information, send an email to email@example.com.
A Choralis audition has five parts.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss your choral singing background with the artistic staff.
- You will perform a solo (aria, art song, hymn, or your voice part from a choral piece). You will need to bring three copies of your music – one for yourself, one for the artistic staff, and one for the accompanist.
- You will be asked to sing scales so that your vocal range can be determined.
- You will complete a tonal exercise.
- You will be asked to sight-read a short section of music.
Auditioners are notified of the result within five days.
Additional Information for Auditioners
- Choralis rehearses on Tuesday evenings at 7:30 pm.
- Rehearsals are held at The Falls Church Episcopal Church, 115 E. Fairfax Street, Falls Church, VA
- Dues are $350 for the season and are not pro-rated for partial-year membership.
- Singers also must pay for music, which generally costs between $50 and $80 per season. There also is required concert attire.
- Singers are expected to volunteer for one of the many tasks required for a Choralis season, such as labeling promotional mailings, grant writing, helping with stage set-up, etc.
High School Singing Scholars Auditions
Auditions for admittance to the High School Singing Scholars (HSSS) program have been completed for the 2019-20 season. However, vacancies sometimes arise after the season has begun. Skilled high school singers interested in auditioning should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are interested in participating as a High School Singing Scholar.